Sunday, January 30, 2011

Journaling

"The photographed image preserves the visual event, but drawing entails the experience of looking: we stop and become part of the subject and it's time." Chip  Sullivan, The Essence of Drawing.
I have gotten into journaling and am doing some, however small, every day. I am enjoying putting my thoughts and observations down. At the same time I practice my drawing and experiment with different techniques and materials.

Outback hills. Pen and ink, watercolour

2 comments:

Candice Herne said...

Hi Rosalie I see you have come out of your block. I am really enjoying looking at your sketches in particular the ones on (is it brown paper) are beautiful. Candyxx

Rosalie Rigby said...

It is great to feel I am freely working again. A visit from a friend reminded me to work unconsciously or rather un selfconsciously. It is very liberating.