Saturday, September 4, 2010

Glen Helen Gorge. Gouache on paperI have taken down my paintings from the exhibition in Armidale. I am really enjoying not having the pressure of working towards an exhibition. After a fair break I am starting back this weekend into my painting. I will do some works from the Northern Territory and go up the hill at the back of my home and do some en plein air paint sketches. This is a small gouache from my trip away.

I am looking forward to going to Sydney in a couple of weeks to see the Abstraction exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW. I am going to see work in private galleries as well.
Art Gallery of NSW: "Discover the work of the most influential artists of the modern era and how they changed the course of art forever.
Experimenting with colour and form, these artists explored exciting new ways of seeing and imagining.
This major exhibition of over 150 paintings, drawings and prints reveals how abstract art emerged around the world.
On loan from 59 of the most prestigious art collections in the world including the Museum of Modern Art, New York, Museu Picasso Barcelona, Centre National d’Art et de Culture Georges Pompidou, Tate Modern and National Gallery of Art, Washington.
Art Gallery of NSW "

No comments: