Tuesday, December 22, 2009


Simpsons Gap 2. Acrylic and mixed media on canvas. 2009 122cmx152cm
The fires burnt for weeks and burnt out thousands of hectares of the countryside. Only now rain has eased the situation and the fires are under control again. I am putting here an image of a larger work that I had in my exhibition in Brisbane this year. It is based on Simpson's Gap in the Northern Territory. Next year I am to have an exhibition at the New England Regional Art Gallery and also one at the Dubbo Regional Gallery. I have started working towards them and am finding that my work is becoming both more specific in it's focus but at the same time more abstract in style. I am again working in oils. I am using wax medium a bit now. It gives a richness to the paint but is very slow drying. Over the Christmas/New Year break I should have time to get more long stretches of time in which to work. I have just been to see an exhibition of work by Lloyd Hornsby which I liked very much. It is on at the Armidale Aboriginal Keeping Place. A link to Lloyd's blog is wwwyuinartcom.blogspot.com


No comments: